How can I start seeing a USMD doctor?
Take the following steps to start seeing a USMD SeniorCare primary care doctor.
If you have Medicare:
1. Choose a primary care doctor from our doctor search.
2. Call the doctor’s office directly and ask to see the doctor as a new patient.
If you have a Medicare Advantage plan:
- Call your health plan directly and ask if USMD primary care physicians (PCPs) are in your network.
- If USMD PCPs are in your network, choose a USMD primary care doctor. Then call the PCP’s office to schedule your initial visit.
- If USMD PCPs are not in your network, you'll need to switch to a plan that USMD accepts. For more information, talk to a licensed insurance agent.
If you’re turning 65 or about to qualify for Medicare:
- Learn more by visiting medicare.gov. Or call 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY 1-877-486-2048), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Call Medicare Advantage plans directly and ask about the plans they offer.
- Talk to a licensed insurance agent.
Learn more about Medicare
We’ve put together some basic information about how Medicare works.