We’re here for you every step of the way
Getting the right care throughout your life is important. That’s where primary care physicians (PCPs) come in. They oversee most of your health care and are a trusted partner. They’ll also be there for you if you need to make an urgent health care decision.
We offer a full range of primary care:
- Family medicine doctors offer complete, lifelong care for newborns to older adults.
- Internal medicine doctors care for adults ages 18 and older.
- Pediatricians care for children from birth to age 18.
We also follow a model of care called the patient-centered medical home, or medical home.
A medical home puts you at the center of care
A medical home is a nationally known way of offering health care. It puts patients at the center of care and focuses on helping you stay as healthy as possible. Your PCP’s job is to help make sure you get the care and services you need, when and where you need them.
Our PCPs follow medical home guidelines. We offer:
- A focus on preventive care
- The right care at the right time and place
- Patient and family education materials
- The tools you need to care for any medical conditions you may have
- Electronic health records to help you see your health information
If you see a specialist or are admitted to a hospital, your PCP will be involved and oversee your care across multiple settings. Your health information will also be shared.
All patients who see a USMD PCP are part of our medical home. To learn more about what this means for you, see our FAQ page.